 Robotics / 2310
Re: Mindstorms Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 03:18:27 GMT

Adam,

On 12/30/98 9:58 AM, Yakushima@aol.com, Yakushima@aol.com, said:

Have you managed to get the Mindstorms package to work on the Mac using the
Dacta cable and software? I purchased myself a Mindstorms and was hoping to
get ahold of some software/hardware solution from Pitsco to work with my Mac.
Is it possible to purchase the $90 RoboLab software (#W909725) and $25 IR
Tower for the Mac (#W979713) without being an educational institution?

Whoa, guess I'm getting behind in my mail. Darn Holidays. ;-)

Yes, Robolab and the Mac cable work just fine on a G3. Pitsco let me
purchase the software and cable without being an educational institution,
although it did take more than one phone call and a bit of pleading. I
bought the RoboLab software and manuals ($50) and the Mac cable ($15)
since I already had the IR tower with the MindStorms set. Of course with
that success, I also bought an extra RCX ($110) while they were playing
nice.

If you haven't already had success, then I wish it to you. (Is RoboLab
still back-ordered?)

Michael