 Robotics / 23099
Re: how to measure rpm?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 00:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Patrick Levy wrote:
Anybody has some nqc example on how to measure a motor rotations per second
on a motor with a rotation sensor?

Are you trying to measure this as part of a program doing something else or are
you simply trying to qualify motors. (I do that, write the 9v rpms on the
underneath of each motor so I can select matched pairs/quads.)

If you are trying to measure the rpms per se, simply wait for 1 second between
readings, scale for 16 pulses per rev and you have revs per second.

If you are trying to measure this during the execution of another task in an nqc
program, I would suggest creating an extra task which makes similar once per
second readings and updates a variable for other tasks to read.

I don't happen to have any handy-dandy snippits of nqc code to do this, to hand.
If you need worked examples, let me know.

JB