 Robotics / 22986
22985  |  22987
Subject:
infrared / radio repeater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:42:48 GMT

We now have an infrared / radio repeater system. It can do PC <--> RCX  or RCX
<--> RCX. (No networking yet!) The system translates the IR data to RF data and
vice versa. Data may pass distances from 20m to 500m, depending on the selected
RF-power. The system will be used first with the second edition of our Mars
Mission project (on-line from Nov 24th to Dec 4th). With the first edition we
had many problems with the IR-communication due to high frequency neon-lamps to
which our Mars-environment was exposed. (Note that we are radio-amateurs LX9CC
!)