 Robotics / 22957
RE: Best / cheapest way to buy Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:07:18 GMT

I picked up two sets yesterday at my TRU here in Lubbock, Texas.  They were
green-tagged and the price-checker didn't even pull them up as being in the
computer.  They had to go to a check-out stand and do some finagling.

They were set aside in 15 shopping carts of clearance merchandise and not on
the shelves with Mindstorms/LEGO stuff...  We had to really dig to find
them.  I would not trust phone info, but go into your local TRU if it's
close enough.

They were $99 each, plus spending over $75 before Saturday gained a $10 TRU
gift certificate (My husband bought one and I bought one.  He used the $10
on his and then we have an extra $10 to use for Christmas, and therefore
paid $89 each.)

FWIW,
Liz