 Robotics / 22874
  Smoke detectors

I just replace one of the smoke detectors in my house. I got looking at the old one, trying to decide what to do with it. The only apparent legal way to dispose of them is to send them back to the manufacturer. But what about interfacing it to an (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Smoke detectors

I've though about this too. They do seem like a great sensor. I wonder if anyone's ever used one in the Trinity Firefighting Robot competition? (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Smoke detectors

(...) You could make it into a motion detector for Halloween, set to go off when the pitter-patter of little ghost, princess, and devil footsteps gets close to the door. It may help shave down candy-related expenditures this year as they flee in a (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Instructional Theory Study

Hi All, I am researching instructional theory and using Mindstorms 2.5 as a catalyst. I need some basic information on how the touch sensors and the light sensors operate (their circuitry, the make-up, how they work.) My target audience are (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Instructional Theory Study