 Robotics / 22583
22582  |  22584
Subject:
Multitasking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:10:24 GMT

Hi,

I have some questions about usage of multitasking in robotics.

I think its necessary, because it simplifies programming.
Instead of breaking down actions in small pieces and check sensors in between.
For example: driving a square and watching bumpers

Different behavior of the multitasking:

1. Like the RCX Lego software
   Sensor will abort the running task, execute its own, but never return to
   the interrupted task.
2. Real Multitasking
   Each task runs independent from each other. Higher prio task will
   interrupt another task. When this task is finished, execution returns to the
   original task.
   I'm not shure is it the behavior of BrickOS? How BrickOS handles sensors, in
respect
   of task switching?

Which concept is better, abort the task and execute the new task or interrupt
the running
task and go back after finishing the high prio task?

Thx