 Robotics / 22578
    Power saving on L293D??? —Bert Weber
   Hi, I'm building my own controller to use with Mindstorms. I want to support 6 motors, with 3 L293D IC's. But I found that this IC needs about 25 - 30 mA on the logic supply, when the chip is disabled. That means even if I dont use any motors the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Power saving on L293D??? —Mark Bellis
   (...) Looking in an old Maplin catalogue from 1998, the entry for the L293D shows a total quiescent logic supply current of 16mA per chip, so 48mA total. Presumably you're using a 9V logic supply to match the RCX outputs? The output supply current (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics)