 Robotics / 223
222  |  224
Subject:
Messaging between Cybermaster and Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 07:03:07 GMT

Mindstorms and Cybermaster can't send each other direct messages because of
the different physical transmission techniques (infrared vs radio waves).

Therefore I added a control panel to Mind Control, which allows the two
units to exchange messages via the computer as an intermediary. Because
there doesn't seem to be a way to send standard Messages to the computer, I
use variable setting and polling. Two variables are used, one for messages
in each direction.

Currently it does work, but the response is slow because the two systems are
adressed in turn, each time doing initcomm again with different settings
(two comports and such). I might try to do some better programming, with two
instances of Spirit.ocx similtanously present, each with its own settings.
This would involve redesigning the larger part of the program. So maybe
someday. And who currently has his/her hands on both systems anyways ;-)

http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/robo
select Mind Control from menu

Eric Brok
mailto:brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl