 Robotics / 22265
Re: Brute Force Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 03:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Toepper wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

We've talked about having firmware that
could be compatable with the RCX op-codes,

...you should make it look like an RCX with expanded sensor and
motor capabilities to us users. This means, that you should adapt the RCX
op-codes as a virtual machine

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Beside the expanded sensor and motor capabilities we need bigger arrays (as
you give us) but the RCX datalog too (at least).

Think about the size of the datalog you could record with 1MB of RAM!  :)

A 38.4kbps UHF radio link is nice, but it disallows us doing Brian Davis pings
if an infrared interface is missing.

I don't think the hardware's going to change.  But the loss of the IR LED is not
such a big deal, if you consider all the other I/O.

Thanks for the input.
Steve