 Robotics / 22176
RE: Source for mini-lights (modding!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:54:28 GMT

Mike,

The page moved, but I found them again here:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&page=32770&categ
ory=1,250,43298

I saw something similar at All Electronics, but they call them
"Grain-O-Wheat Lights".  I'm not sure if the bulbs are the same size or
not, but here's the link anyway:
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=
LS-5&type=store

- Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com
[mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of Mike Thorn
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 11:31 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Source for mini-lights (modding!)

Hello all of you non-Purists out there (any purists should
stop right here)...

Browsing my Lee Valley-Veritas woodworking catalog today I
came across an item that caught my eye, and I think it will
yours as well. Miniature lights, designed for dollhouse
christmas light ornaments and the like. Big long leads.
White or multicoloured. Does anybody besides me smell an
opportunity knocking?
:)

<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&page=32770&catego
ry=1%2C250%2C43298&ccurrency=3<http://www.leevalley.com/images
/item/woodworking/projects/88k0213g3.jpg>>

Ten bulbs on a 3' lead. Six bucks. Just the right size for
inserting into bricks...or lighting up train stations, as I
recall a brilliant example of such having been posted here
not too long ago.

For anybody that's been following my
<http://www.roboticsresources.com/aerandir/cca/ CCA story>, I
use something very very similar in a lot of my pictures.
(like
<http://www.roboticsresources.com/aerandir/cca/part4_09.jpg
here>) They're the perfect size to fit inside trans-orange
1x1 cones - or jam the wires into a 1x3 brick and add accent
lighting.

At any rate, thought I'd pass this along. If you happen to
have a Veritas catalog handy, they are on Page 198 in the
upper gutter.

~Mike