 Robotics / 22069
    Ultrasonic Sensor —Ismael Salvador
   Hi all, I recently got an ultrasonic sensor from MindSensors, the problem is that I don't have a stable value and they overlap with different distances. Nitin suggested me to use alkaline batteries rather than rechargeable ones. I have done it with (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Ultrasonic Sensor —Mark Tarrabain
   (...) That suggestion makes no sense at all given what your problem is. The voltage and current to the sensors is regulated by the electronics in the RCX, and is not governed directly by the type of battery that you are using. This would only make (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Ultrasonic Sensor —John Barnes
   (...) In my experience, the loss of "headroom" when using rechargeable batteries can cause serious problems for active sensors. They run from a current limited copy of the battery voltage when in the power phase of the active sensor interface mode. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)