 Robotics / 21949
Re: nop in NQC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
   Is there a NQC command that will translate to a simple nop bytecode?

According to the LASM bytecode reference, the Wait command waits for the "given
number of 10ms".  And, "If the given number is negative, the command is
ignored."

I don't know if that is quite the same as a NOP but it's worth a try.

(several minutes go by)

task main()
{
  CreateDatalog(20);
  repeat (4)
  {
    AddToDatalog(FastTimer(0));
    Wait(1);
    AddToDatalog(FastTimer(0));
    Wait(0);
    AddToDatalog(FastTimer(0));
    Wait(-1);
    AddToDatalog(FastTimer(0));
    Wait(10);
    AddToDatalog(FastTimer(0));
  }
}

Variable 0: 17887
Variable 0: 17889
Variable 0: 17890
Variable 0: 17890
Variable 0: 17901

Variable 0: 17902
Variable 0: 17903
Variable 0: 17904
Variable 0: 17904
Variable 0: 17915

Variable 0: 17916
Variable 0: 17917
Variable 0: 17917
Variable 0: 17918
Variable 0: 17929

Variable 0: 17930
Variable 0: 17931
Variable 0: 17932
Variable 0: 17932
Variable 0: 17943

This seems to indicate that Wait(0) and Wait(-1) are very similar in effect.

John Hansen