 Robotics / 21912
Re: Pneumatic valve mystery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:41:15 GMT

In a message dated 12/26/03 1:12:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kevin_clague@yahoo.com writes:
Details are at
http://home.comcast.net/~firstcoolbreeze/Pneumatic/PneuValve.htm

Hi Walt,
When you say it "misses a command", do you mean that you don't get the • touch
sensor pressed once in a while?  Or the motor doesn't turn when you want it
to?

If it is the touch sensor issue, maybe the round brick+boat plate that are • not
close enough to the touch sensor.  Maybe you could make that spring loaded?

Or is it that the switch is misaligned when the touch sensor is pressed?

Kevin

Kevin,

   Thanks for the reply.  As you might guess, I am also a novice at posting
and replying
to a "list."  Took two trys to get it posted!

I do get the touch sensor pressed every time the drum passes it.  I can see
the LCD
display the change immediately.  It is more accurate to say that the motor
doesn't
turn when I want it to.  "The command" usually makes the drum revolve 720
degrees;
the mystery cycle has the drum revolve 360 degrees and stop.

The drum appears to be close enough to the touch sensor, and the plate on top
keeps
them aligned that way.  If the drum missed the touch sensor, then I would not
have seen
the LCD update.  I would have seen it update after 720 degrees.  By the same
token, a
double-hit would be reflected in the LCD and it isn't.

Not sure what you mean by "switch is misaligned when the touch sensor is
pressed."
If you mean the valve, then no.  The valve always moves to one of the three
positions.
The drum always stops with the touch sensor depressed.

Walt

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: message/rfc822