 Robotics / 21897
21896  |  21898
Subject:
THX for the advices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:11:32 GMT

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your advices, Steve and Kevin !
Now I know a lot more about the behaviour of the sensor.

I think I'm gonna watch his activity through connecting it
with my oscilloscope, then I can see exactly how it communicates
with the RCX. I think it won't be easy to read values with my c167
board, but I'll try hard to manage that ;)

Let's stay a the topic sensors.
Does anyone of you have experience with the precision of lego's
compass sensors ? ( I'm sure you have... )
My robot uses the rotation sensor for primary navigation,
but I'm going to add a compass sensor too. The problematic thing
about those magnetic sensors is that, as the name says, they are
quite sensitive to magnetic fields. So, a pc - monitor or else might have
a lot of influence on these sensors.
How far does this problem occur in practice ?

Thomas