 Robotics / 2184
Re: Programming the RCX in VB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 02:53:43 GMT

Peter,
just relax. We are dealing here with Lego... And if something is not 100%
accurate posted. So what!? It's a newsgroup.

Best
Juergen

Peter Hesketh wrote in message ...
In article <000e01be369d$acc1cce0$53b0acc1@fam.-van-dam>, B van Dam
<bvandam@westbrabant.net> writes
What is the best way to get a random number using VB?

If you really mean "How do I generate a random number within VB" then
click "Help" in VB and search for random.

If you mean "How can RCX code generate a random number" look at Kekoa's
Opcodes Reference and search for random.

If you mean "How can I convert a random number 1 to 32768 into a random
number 5 to 25 using VB", then use:

Random5to25 = 5 + 21 * int(( random1to32768 - 1 ) / 32768 )

If you mean something else, please pose your question in a less
ambiguous manner.
--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
Forty reasons why a dog is better than a woman: number 16