 Robotics / 21710
21709  |  21711
Subject:
External Power Supply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:10:41 GMT

Hi !

I also have already used an external power supply for my RCX,
which was a battery pack of 7 cells (8,4 V) with 2Ah each.
It worked quite well but from one day to the another my RCX didn't word any
more.
I haven't found out jet, why my RCX broke, because I haven't made anything
wrong
and I always connected the battery pack in the right way. Perhaps the RCX
broke
because of a mistake of production or else.

So, I would say, theoretically there should be no problem with an external
power
supply, if it's stabilized. But the problem is, if there is something like a
short
circuit, the external power supply can produce a lot more current than the
little batteries, which are the normal power supply. And that can be
dangerous.

Thomas