 Robotics / 21553
  Alternate IR Comm Setups

Has anyone attempted or had any success using the built-in IR ports on laptops to communicate with the RCX? Dustin (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Alternate IR Comm Setups

(...) Dustin, I believe that the built-in IR in a laptop uses a different carrier frequency than the 38KHz used by the RCX 1.0. I've seen reports here that the 2.0 RCX can be reconfigured (with some low-level system programming) to use a 76KHz (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)