 Robotics / 2155
2154  |  2156
Subject:
Palmtop as accessory brain...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 20:23:33 GMT

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this list and this is my first post.  I'm just getting
started with the RCX, but had a question since I like to integrate the
hardware I have at my disposal.  I have a Velo 1 palmtop which does have an
IR port and wondered if there was a way to use it as an accessory "brain"
for the RCX, something that would allow 8M of storage and a modest amount
of processing power.  The only information I have found to date about
integrating a palmtop with the RCX (actually using the palmtop as a
controller) made us of a HP 100lx.  My goal isn't so much to use the
palmtop as a controller, but as a device to receive the variable/sensor
data from the RCX and operate on it on the palmtop then return the
information to the RCX for execution.  I don't know if these is reasonable
or feasable, but I thought I would drop the question to see if anyone else
is attempting to do anything similar.  Any suggestions, links, or thoughts
are welcome.

=Steven