 Robotics / 21124
Re: The LEGO Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:22:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Haye wrote:
Jerry,
This level is a great piece of LEGO engineering, and your website
is full of equally impressive projects.

I also attempted to build a self-leveling platform for my model
of the Kennedy Space Center Crawler/Transporter:

http://members.cox.net/markhaye/ksc_ct.html

One advantage of my solution is that it is entirely LEGO
(well, some of us consider that an advantage).
But, your solution is vastly more compact and probably
quite a bit more accurate.  Well done.

Mark Haye

I think that detecting 'plumb' is an attractive alternative to detecting
'level'.  They both have the same problem: the need for settling time.  Also, a
plumb detector must have damping or the pendulum effect can go on forever.

Thanks for your good words!!  We LEGO builders live for ...applause and curtain
calls.

Jerry