 Robotics / 21120
RE: Zooming in robolab, printing in RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:00:47 GMT

Off hand, I do not know if Robolab has an enlargement option for the
icons, or if the RIS software has a program print feature.

However, the following work-arounds could be used...

For "enlarging" the Robolab icons:

...set your screen resolution LOWER (i.e. - from 1024x768 down to
800x600 or 640x480).  A lower resolution makes larger pixels.  The
drawback here is that you may end up having to scroll around the screen.

- or -

... Take advantage of the "Accessibility" features of Windows (Windows
95 and higher).  One of the features is a magnification tool that turns
the mouse into a magnifying glass.  This can be used with higher
resolutions and works pretty well.  The drawback is that it only
magnifies a small area of the screen at a time.

As for "printing" programs, press the "PrtSc" key (Print Screen) and
paste (CTRL-V) the captured screen into a paint program (such as Windows
Paint in Start > Programs > Accessories).  ALT-PrtSc will only capture
the active window.  PrtSc will capture the entire screen.  MS Paint
isn't a very good image editor program, so "stitching" images together
is a pain.  I use Paint Shop Pro.  I capture each section of the screen
I want and paste each as a new image (and save each one).  Then, I
create a new image large enough I can paste the sections on top of each
other.

Hope that helps!

- Rob