 Robotics / 21065
RE: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:15:27 GMT

Start here:

http://www.personalhomenetworks.com/introduction/overview/Webserver.htm

I use Network Solutions for a registrar and Zone Edit for managing my
DNS zone files (for free).  The domain name registration will cost
around $35/yr.

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Maxwell [mailto:r34_v@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 4:56 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial to walk me through
installing/setting up the Apache server on my Windows PC? Or can
someone walk me through this via e-mail? I run Windows XP, and connect

through a Linksys router to the internet with a cable ISP, which I am
quite sure uses a Dynamic IP Address.

So I guess my problems are the fact I have a dynamic IP address, and a
router which has a public IP address outside, but a private IP address
inside the router. The Apache server is located on private IP address,
so anyone outside my network cannot access my server. And, I also need
someone to explain how people outside my network can access my server on
my private IP address, through my router, by typing in my domain name
(http://focusrs.gotdns.com). And also someone to explain how people can
always type in my domain name and access my server, even if my public IP
address changes.

Max