 Robotics / 20743
20742  |  20744
Subject:
Packet format for sending(data) from the RCX to the PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:34:22 GMT

Hi,

When u want to send message from the RCX for instance to a PC, what is the
sequence of bytes do u follow. For example if u are sending from a remote
control/PC to the RCX, I know u send something like this:

0x55
0xff
0x00

and u follow each data with its two's complement, for instance if u want to
send a the data 4, it will also be followed by its two's complement, then u
have the checksums and then its two's complement.

Can  somebody help me out when it is the other way round and u are transmitting
data, lets say 4 from the RCX to the PC. What is the format I should used to
represent this.

Thank you.
Michael mfbosu@yahoo.com