 Robotics / 20655
Re: Visual basic error message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 16:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Steven Lane writes:
When I try to load the project vbtest from the mindstorms sdk into VB 5 I
get this error. Can anyone tell me how to solve it?

'Retained' is an invalid key The file
C:\Program Files\LEGO Software\LEGO Mindstorms
SDK\Samples\VPBrick\VBTest\vbtest.vbp
can't be loaded

The log file says
Line 25: Class MSComDlg.CommonDialog of control CommonDialog1 was not a
loaded control class.

It sounds like it can't find the Common Dialog control.  I don't know if
that's standard in VB 5, but it is in VB 6.

You need to make sure it shows up on the form.

Steve

I managed to fix the problem by simply deleting the word 'retained' from the
.prj file using notepad. I bet your solution would have worked as well too.

Thanks anyway.

Steve L