 Robotics / 20645
Re: GASTON
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:27:01 GMT

Hi Claude

Congratulations! Your project is amazing. Thanks for sharing so many
details about it.

Ciao
Mario

"Claude Baumann" <cbaumann@ci.educ.lu> wrote:

Hi all,

We've had a great event last Saturday in Luxembourg (Europe). GASTON,
our latest Mindstorms realization has been presented during the first
ROBOCUP contest. GASTON is able to express feelings through facial
movements. He may localize a sound source in space and has many other
features. He passed on TV and will appear in Press this week. Here
some Pictures:

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/Gaston/PRESENTATION.htm

http://www.science-club.lu/pics/2003/robocup/robocup.html

This was hard work for over eight months:

1100 LEGO pieces
2 RCXs involved
6 motors
3 rotation sensors
1 temperature sensor
2 light sensors
1 intelligent sound source with 3 microphones and an own
microcontroller, communicating the sound-source data via IR-channel to
both RCXs according to the LEGO protocole
Mike Gasperi's input multiplexer
2 potentiometers

GASTON's birth data: 40cm , 2kg

His creators: SCHAREL, BEN, LUC and Max