 Robotics / 20581
Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:15:19 GMT

Max Maxwell wrote:
Has anyone come up with a radio control transmitter and receiver similar in
style and use as the discontinued HiTechnic products? I had planned to
purchase some HiTechnic parts for my models, but as they have been
dicontinued, I have no idea what to use instead or what to make that will
work. I have considered taking the steering box and everything else (wires,
etc.) from a radio controlled car, and connecting a Lego 9v motor (or a
couple motors), or even just converting the RC motor to drive Lego gears.
Essentially, I will make a custom radio controlled car out of Lego. Does
anyone else have ideas, plans, or even radio transmitters and recievers that
work with Lego motors?

Do you really need radio control?  You could just buy the Lego IR remote
controller.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net