 Robotics / 2040
RE: Help with my IR tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 01:46:43 GMT

same problem for myself - very sporadic behaviour on both of my laptops.
Tried Emailing and no response, couldn't find any answers on the website
either

-----Original Message-----
From: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com [mailto:lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 5:28 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Help with my IR tower

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 02:52:33 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Jeffrey
Battisti) wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've had my Mindstorms for about 2 months now.  When I first got it
everything worked fine, I downloaded the firmware, and my own programs • (from
the Mindstorms software), but then other pressures forced me to put them
away until now.  I've just got them out and now I can't download anything.
Just to be safe, I got all new batteries, and still no luck.  Mindstorms
just keeps telling me that the IR transmitter may be receiving too much
light or may need a new battery.  I've also tried it with all the lights • out
except for the light from my monitor.

SO... any one got any suggestions before I try to flag down tech support at
LEGO?

Thanx,

We just got a set for Christmas and have encountered the same problem.
It worked like a champ for several hours then suddenly wouldn't
download.

I've tried fresh batteries, & an AC power supply. Wiping out the
firmware and re-downloading sometimes works only to error out within
seconds of a successful completion. Sometimes it won't download at
all. I haven't found any rhyme or reason.

I sent e-mail to Lego but have yet to receive a response. Their 800
number is perpetually busy.