 Robotics / 20324
  Serial Infrared Tower

Greetings! I have a USB infrared tower that came with the Mindstorm kit, and recently got an older laptop without USB (for free). I haven't seen the RS-232 infrared towers for sale, and was wondering if anyone has made a serial circuit that mimics (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serial Infrared Tower

Don't know about the circuit, but you can buy them here: (URL) here: (URL) Karg" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:3E4ACBBB.409090...rgs.net... (...) laptop? (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serial Infrared Tower

If you have a free PCMCIA slot you may want to get a PCMCIA to USB adapter that can support multiple peripherals for a song. That way you could use multiple towers, or a tower and the LEGO Vision camera. - Mike Steve Karg <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serial Infrared Tower

Hi List, Thanks to the many who replied with ideas and offers of a tower for sale. I eventally bought one, although not in time for the robot competition where I needed it. Thanks for the tips to look at (URL) and (URL) for making my own - some day, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serial Infrared Tower

In the spirit of too much too late here are a couple of sites from Japan: Simple Microchip based serial tower: (URL) just to prove there is no kill like over kill check out the number of IR emitters on this one: (URL) Karg" <steve@kargs.net> wrote (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serial Infrared Tower

(...) here are schematics of the orginal tower (URL) Mientki (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics)