 Robotics / 20251
    Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory? —Steve Baker
   (...) Yes - exactly. With this approach it's inevitable that you'll need either: 1) Some mapping between a horribly unfriendly unique ID and a friendly name. ...or... 2) A way of storing a friendly name inside the device itself (eg by connecting the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: RCX & RIS, a fading glory? —Marco Correia
   I think it'll be easier to edit the source code where the mapping is done and modify it to MY_FRIENDLY_DEVICE_NAMES So, the pBrick would deal with Device_ID's, my PC would deal with Friendly_Device_Names (through a file with current Device_ID = (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)