 Robotics / 20216
Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory? - Advanced alternatives: JCX, Embedlets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:19:20 GMT

Bruce

Did you have to get Lego's permission to do that?
I don't know why we would need anyone's permission to purchase their
product and use it. You're welcome to buy any publicly available
commercial parts and combine them into a product for sale (after all
that's why the suppliers sell them). This is the basis of most
manufacturing businesses.

Some manufacturers produce goods for that purpose. Other's don't. In the
past, Lego have been extremely jealous of their name and their products and
have refused to allow companies to "associate" their product with Lego in
the way you are suggesting. Now that certain of Lego's patents have run
out, their attitude may have softened.

Peter