 Robotics / 20192
  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

Unfortunately, it seems that TLC doesn't have a clear idea of what to do with Mindstorms in general. Their support for the whole line has been less than full - note the failure to update software for their cameras beyond Win98. I've been using the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) Didn't they sign some kind of a deal with Microsoft about that? I kinda had a memory that it was Microsoft's responsibility....but maybe not. ---...--- Steve Baker ---...--- HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net> WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com> (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Save the RIS!

I can't speak for the LEGO Studios software (as I do not own it), but with Vision Command, the problem is more a support issue than anything else. LEGO does have a patch that does allow VC to work on 2000 or XP, but there are two catches: 1) The VC (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)