 Robotics / 20113
RE: RIS2.0 Start-up: can it not start every time?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:53:46 GMT

Unfortunately, "msconfig" doesn't exist on all versions of Windows.  However,
"regedit" does.

The key is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I think the value name is
"RIS2Launch".  Regardless, the Name Value to delete will have a String Value
(REG_SZ) set to "C:\Program Files\LEGO MINDSTORMS\RIS 2.0\LaunchRis2.exe" if
RIS2 was installed to it's default location.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Fay [mailto:rfay@attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 3:18 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: RIS2.0 Start-up: can it not start every time?!

"Bluey" <Wolf_and_eagle@spamblock.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H94Jxv.GuK@lugnet.com...
If you have a problem, sometimes you can find an answer by searching • through
older posts.

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=19400

Tim

In lugnet.robotics, "Andrew J. Huang" • <ajhuang@velocitus.net> writes:
Hi all,

I've just installed RIS2.0 on Win2K and found that
it very annoyingly starts up every time I log on.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Andy

If your running Windows click on start, run, type msconfig,
enter, select
startup tab, uncheck the MindStorms program from the list,
reboot to check
for success.