 Robotics / 20060
  Re: I2C device for the RCX

(...) Lepomux works with a serial protocol (5 bit preamble, 8 bit data, parity) based on a halfbit-clockspeed of 1 kHz. So compared to your I2C-driver it is dead slow (about 33ms/byte = 30 bytes/s). This slow speed has two reasons: - it's possible (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I2C device for the RCX

(...) Well, one reason for this is that I2C doesn't need a precise clocksignal (thanks to Dick Swan for telling me, I totally forgot about it). All the timer stuff shouldn't matter for the I2C device, so there should be even higher speeds possible, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I2C device for the RCX

(...) We'll first check it out before boasting about it ;) The whole thing won't work without some hardware modifications on the lepomux - so I'll tell you about it in two or three weeks. Gunther (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I2C device for the RCX

(...) ... took slightly longer than 2 weeks, but now it works as expected. Using BrickOS you'll get up to 100 byte/s without any patch. I've put a protocol description on www.lepomux.org. Gunther (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I2C device for the RCX

** For some reason my e-mail didn't work anymore, so i couldn't post any messages to Lugnet. that's why i'm responding so late. So , hoping this time it will work, I send my post, again(for about the 10th time...) ** It looks very good! You say(on (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)