 Robotics / 20010
20009  |  20011
Subject:
Received my RIS 2.0 - the two motors run at different speed! :-(((
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:39:21 GMT

Hello all,

I opened the box of my first Mindstorms set yesterday, and it came with two
motors that are slightly different from the usual motors I have, they are
much lighter, have notches, and sound differently than normal geared down
motors (such as those that came with the 8479 barcode truck set and 8735
power pack).

Anyway, they both work, but they sound differently from each other. I built
the most basic robot possible, the roverbot, and when it's supposed to run
on a straight line, it actually slightly veers towards right! It appears
that the "noisier" of my new motors is faster than the other.

Is this good enough of a reason to call Lego and get two motors who run at
the same speed? I don't mind if they ask me to send them back to them.
In the past I asked them for a new motor because the one that came with my
8457 Power Puller set was too slow and weak, and they sent me a new one free
of charge. But that was with the "older" geared down motor. I kinda feel bad
about it since the RIS 2.0 motors work fine; they just turn at slightly
different speeds.

Your suggestions are welcomed,

Stephane