 Robotics / 19703
19702  |  19704
Subject:
Using TIS and USB Tower on a Macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:13:18 GMT

I have a student who is trying to use RIS 2.0 with Virtual PC on a
Macintosh.  LEGO says the drivers should be on the CDROM; the guy that
sold them Virtual PC says it probably won't run the RIS 2.0.

Can they run RIS 2.0 on a Mac?  Can they use the USB tower on a Mac
(the error they are getting is that the USB tower does not have the
drivers installed to run it and it isn't recognizing the device -- says
the IR tower is not connected when it is).

I have a copy of ROBOLAB that I am lending them to use with the
Mindstorms as we don't use it in class. However, they really want to be
running RIS 2.0 to match what we are doing in class and on our FLL
teams.

Anyone got any advice, help, or URL for the correct drivers?

Liz Bilbro

Teacher/Coach
CyberStorm Robotics Class and FIRST LEGO League Team
Sports for the Mind for Lubbock Homeschoolers
www.cyberstorm.us