 Robotics / 1964
Re: TINY line follower!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:59:47 GMT

John Scott Kjellman wrote:

Jakob,

Of course we want to see it!  I am always interested in seeing how
others put a bot together.  Now if I can only get mine to stop following
that line into the wall ;-)

KJohn
John,
use one of the touch sensors on "shock absorber" arms.  Write the
program such that if that certain touch sensor is pressed, the robot
reverses direction. this should generally work if you mount the light
sensor in a physically central location on the robot so that you can go
both forward and back(if that evil wall jumps out at you)

Jakob Nebeker wrote:

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I just made a tiny line following
robot.  It is all contained under the RCX, (except the back wheels).
The light sensor, 2 casters, 2 motors, gears.  Has anyone else tried
making small robots with the RCX?  I can put up a pic if someone wants
it.

Jakob Nebeker