 Robotics / 19425
Re: additions to RIS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:12:11 GMT

At 02:53 AM 11/14/02, you wrote:
Folks,

Are the "Extreme Creatures Robotics Invention System Expansion Set"
and "RoboSports Robotics Invention System Expansion Set" any good?
Worth the money for a newbie who's no longer a kid?

Kam,

I can't speak for the EC Expansion, but I did buy the RS Expansion a few
years ago. IMHO, it's hardly worth it. Fifty bucks for a few pieces and a
motor. The software has a few interesting ideas, but nothing I would pay
$50 for.

I would rather recommend the Ultimate Builder's Expansion or the Ultimate
Accessory Expansion. Both have a good selection of parts and the UAE comes
with a remote control, lamp and a rotation sensor, all three of which can
be invaluable.

~Mike Thorn
http://www11.brinkster.com/buachaille/
http://www.lmsm.info