 Robotics / 19402
RE: RIS2.0 and XP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:29:33 GMT

It's being auto-started in the registry, which is why you can't seem to find it.

Be very careful in the registry... one accidental keystroke can cause you one
major headache!

The procedure is the same for Windows 2000 and XP:

1)  Go to "Start", then "Run", then type "regedt32" (without the quotes) in the
"Open" box.

2)  Navigate to:  HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
Version\Run in the Registry Editor.  When you click on "Run" in the left window
pane, the other pane (right side) should fill up with several lines of
information.

3)  Find the entry... Off-hand, I don't know what the entry name is, but it
should be type "REG_SZ" and the file path it is executing is "C:\Program
Files\LEGO MINDSTORMS\RIS 2.0\LaunchRis2.exe".  It will look something like
this:

SomeNameHere:REG_SZ:C:\Program Files\LEGO MINDSTORMS\RIS 2.0\LaunchRis2.exe

4)  Click on that particular entry that has that path and "edit - delete" (or
press the Delete key).

Remember, use this information at your own risk.  If you aren't comfortable with
registry editing, call a friend who is well aware of registry dos-and-don'ts!

Rob