 Robotics / 19396
19395  |  19397
Subject:
Jamocklaquat - Mission 7 Upper Leg Hex Truss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:44:29 GMT

(Pardon, I intended to X-post.....)

Hey gang, after I built the intial Hex Truss, I started to build one of the
upper Leg modules. I was happy with the way it worked, but in the effort to
make a sturdy design, it's size exceeded the design size I was going for.
The robust design was more on the scale of the Super Mech-Bot rather than
Jama's which is suppossed to be one scale down in size.

So after much internal debate I decided to go bipedal after all.
This means it probably won't walk autonomously, but rather will have the
capability to mechanically pose it'self via motors. I just want to finish it
and make it as graceful looking as possible. I don't want to drag out it's
construction or make it look funny by ignoring the size of the design
constraints I impossed when I built the upper body.

Before I take apart what I did manage to make of the Hex Truss, I snapped a
couple of pix so you folks could see what I mean.

http://www.mylegomaster.com/id146.htm

Thanks,

Legomaster

Mission 7 - Begin Hip Structure