 Robotics / 19356
Re: Positioning system using optical mouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:00:46 GMT

At 10:05 AM 10/29/2002 +1300, aparna wrote:
Hello all,

I am researching a positioning system using an optical mouse. I mean the
mouse is attached to the base of the robot and the whole area is mapped. I
want to get position coordinates from the optical mouse as the robot moves.

any ideas how to do that. I mean are any USB drivers or API available so
that I can do it?

There was a recent thread on this - hacking an optical mouse as a position
sensor, should be a lot of info in the archives.

Bruce

------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
   Real embedded Java and much more
      High speed 8051 systems