 Robotics / 19315
  Battery drain just to run a program?

I built a simple clock that displays the minutes and seconds on the LCD and chimes the hours by striking a triangle (the musical instrument) by running a motor for 20 thousanths of a second, as suggested by the Drummer example in the Farrari book. I (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Battery drain just to run a program?

(...) Yes - most ultra-low power devices actually shut down most of the CPU circuitry for most of the time...just waking up when something interesting happens. Your CPU was running at full speed the whole time. Imagine something like a GameBoy (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Battery drain just to run a program?

(...) I think a switched on RCX that doesn't use sensors or motors draws ca 10mA, regardless of the program running. That's enough to drain batteries in a few days. Jürgen (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)