 Robotics / 19147
19146  |  19148
Subject:
error compiling egcs for use with legOs/BrickOs..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:02:11 GMT

Hi! Im trying to compile egcs on a Mandrake 8.2 machine, following the
instructions on http://legos.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/x117.html under the Build
*nix Executables section

BinUtils were made and installed ok, however when making egcs, it makes a
couple of files and then ends with the following error messages
# touch stmp-multilib
#
/home/hostyle/tmp/build-egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/hostyle/tmp/build-egcs/gcc/ -D
CROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g -O2
-Dinhibit_libc  -I./include     -c ../../egcs-1.1.2/gcc/libgcc1-test.c
# ../../egcs-1.1.2/gcc/libgcc1-test.c:101: warning: conflicting types for
built-in function `memcpy'
# /tmp/cc22ayhl.s: Assembler messages:
# /tmp/cc22ayhl.s:633: Error: cannot create floating-point number
# /tmp/cc22ayhl.s:634: Error: cannot create floating-point number
# /tmp/cc22ayhl.s:635: Error: cannot create floating-point number
# make[1]: *** [libgcc1-test.o] Error 1
# make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hostyle/tmp/build-egcs/gcc'
# make: *** [cross] Error 2
However as an experiment I tried to compile gcc-3.2 and unlike the
instructions suggest, it compiled using the exact same instructions as
given, but when it came to make BrickOs it failed on tm.h/tm.c with some
errors about td_tasks being already defined (Im sorry I dont have the exact
error message right now)

My friend has tried the same process on his machine, and gotten the same
errors with egcs as I have, and now we are both stuck. Any help would be
greatly appreciated !!!
- Niall