 Robotics / 19145
Re: Build Your Own Lego Submersible
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:32:47 GMT

Their first book was the inspiration for the pseudo-submarine that I did
for the Creative Projects book.  Mine was definitely not as cool since the RCX
was above water and just controlling the sub via wires. :)  there is a video of
it tooling around my sink on the cd-rom.

In lugnet.robotics, Hao-yang Wang writes:
Recently we had a trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium. In the souvenir shop I
found an interesting book "Build Your Own Lego Submersible" by Harry Bohm
and Vickie Jensen.

Despite its name, the only Lego element used in this project is the RCX
brick. The book talks exclusively about hardware construction -- mainly how
to seal off everything -- and leave the controlling software to the readers
as an exercise...

Strangely, the book does not seem to include any information about its
authoers or publishers. From Google I managed to find the web page of one of
its authors
<http://www.ensc.sfu.ca/research/url/people/harry.html>
and also its sister book "Build Your Own Undersea Robot"
<http://www.ensc.sfu.ca/research/url/oc_projects/>.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang