 Robotics / 19089
Re: Ordering via Bricklink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 03:37:51 GMT

(crossposted to lugnet.market.brickshops; Posted also to Bricklink
Searching forum)

Wayne Watson wrote:
> Is it possible to search for stores that have both part 32068 (axle
joiner) and 6592 (20 tooth rack)
> in certain quantities and in the US?
I don't think you can combine two parts in a normal search, but you can
create a wanted list with those items, your required quantities, and
even your maximum price. You can then get a nicely sorted list of stores
meeting as many of your criteria as possible. You can't sort or filter
by store location.

> One you are in a store is it possible to search for another part
within the store rather than use
> the categories show in the left panel?
It's cumbersome, but here's a way to do it:
Open the store in one browser window. Open the Advance Search
(http://www.bricklink.com/searchAdvanced.asp) in another window. Search
for the item, specifying the store name in the Advance Search. When you
see the item in the search results, click the Catalog Info link in the
"Buy this item in" column. This will tell you what category the item is
in. Browse that category in your shop window until you find the part.

Note: pasting the link to the item from the Advanced Search results into
the shop window doesn't work: your shopping cart will disappear, I
presume because the session ID for your cart is lost.

> When the stores are searched what are the numbers in () shown by the
store's names?
Total number of items available in the store's inventory.

Why doesn't the store's panel on the right show the category that one has selected as well as the
items in the category?
That would be nice. In my browser (Mozilla 0.9.9) the category link
retains focus so I can tell what I last clicked.