 Robotics / 18770
Re: robots on water and in air?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:58:57 GMT

The University of Rhode Island Oceanography Undergraduate/Graduate Program
entry to the 2000 International Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Compitition
(AUVISI - http://www.auvsi.org/competitions/water.cfm) won the competition
with a submersible whose engine was a LEGO RCX block! Yes they won the
competition with the LEGO Block.

The final press release from the competition can be found here

http://www.auvsi.org/competitions/2000/finalpress.cfm

If you are interested in their entry you can see the journal papers written
by them and the other entries here at

http://www.auvsi.org/competitions/2000/papers.cfm

A URI news article about it can be found here

http://advance.uri.edu/pacer/september2000/story5.htm

Ed

Marco Correia <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
On water:

I saw some pictures on the web of a RCX controlled micro-sub with a micro
video camera.

I don't know it was a fake or not. The story behind it seamed true, but...
you never know.

Goto www.lugnet.com/robotics and do a search on "Submarine" and/or
"Underwater" and you'll find some threads about this subject.