 Robotics / 1876
    Re: (long) Rotation Sensor from "Extreme Creatures" Fiber Optics —Ben Kimball
   (...) Here are some ideas Maurice Hilarius sent me on the subject. I hope he doesn't mind my reposting them. "1) You attach a smaller wheel on a shaft which is part of the drivetrain. This wheel rotates on the shaft, but with a small amount of (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: (long) Rotation Sensor from "Extreme Creatures" Fiber Optics —Karim Nassar
    (...) You could make a paper disc that has a radial pattern of 3 repeating colors that the light sensor can distinguish... for example: red, blue, white, red, blue, white... Then by watching the pattern of colors that go by the light sensor, the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: (long) Rotation Sensor from "Extreme Creatures" Fiber Optics —Ron Beck
   (...) Nice idea, Karim. The gradient idea keeps it down to one sensor. If you are willing to use two sensors, then the usual method is to add a second photo sensor out of phase by half a slot. You interrupt when the first sensor goes low (or high). (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)