 Robotics / 18718
    Sword fighting robots —Carl Kadie
   IDEA: After watching the Tyron Powers version of Zorro, my 7-year-old son and I would like to make two Lego robots that can sword fight each other. To make it harder: They should be autonomous To make it easier: They should "cheat" by sending each (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sword fighting robots —Pete Hardie
     (...) Use the light sensors for orientation, and touch sensoer for distance - they can 'poke' each other once at the start of the fight :-> I'd suggest a choreographed fight, with a known sequence of moves, and use touch sensors to detect sword (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sword fighting robots —T. Alexander Popiel
     (...) To get more precise (and smoother) positioning, slow down the movement when it starts getting close to the desired position. Motor speed is generally best governed by pulse-width modulation via rapid on/brake switching, although some people (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sword fighting robots —Steve Baker
     (...) I suppose you could use the IR transmitter and light sensor as a rangefinder. Quite a few people have succeeded in getting range measurements using that scheme. If the target is a known colour, that'll make it easier. If the two robots take it (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sword fighting robots —Joseph Woolley
    "Carl Kadie" <carlk@msn.com> wrote in message news:H17FH7.IAE@lugnet.com... (...) <snip cool idea> (...) other? My first thought is to have each robot search for a colored spot on the floor. The dots would be spaced at the correct distance from (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)