 Robotics / 18716
    RE: Gyroscopes That Don't Spin Make It Easy to Hover —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) Oh, there are plenty of COG shifting walking robots. But most of them are made to work on a flat surface, and (I suspect) most of them move sort of slow. Iain's pole balancing robot (while impressive) is no Segway. Now, I'm going to have to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Gyroscopes That Don't Spin Make It Easy to Hover —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
   Cautions: The guys at Armadillo Aerospace (www.armadilloaerospace.com) tried using these devices in early flying vehicles of theirs. They reported two problems: 10Hz sampling rate is too low to stabilize a fast-response flight control system. Very (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)