 Robotics / 18672
    re: Brainstorms —Fred G. Martin
   Thanks Stef Mientki for pointing me to this great thread you guys have going. People may wish to take a look at the Cricket work I've been doing the last five years. The Cricket system a modular brain & sensors & actuators construction kit along the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Brainstorms —Steve Baker
     (...) Yep - we agree on that goal. (...) I agree that this is a nice goal - but it conflicts with another goal I have - which is to keep the physical dimensions of these devices *tiny*. Lego is a very small scale to build on compared to most robotic (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Brainstorms —Wayne Gramlich
     (...) There are many more options available than the three you list above. Note that there are far more microcontrollers in small packages with UART's than there are ones that have built in I2C. The UART only ones cost way less too. Many of the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Brainstorms —Ralph Hempel
     <snipped Fred's excellent Cricket description> (...) Again, I need to go back to my real-world fire alarm experience and say that this makes very good sense. Nobody gives much thought to the alarm systems in their building. They must meet very tough (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Brainstorms —Wayne Gramlich
   (...) I will contrast the decisions made by the Cricket team with the decisions made by the RoboBrick team. For reference purposes the RoboBrick home page is at: (URL) reasons for avoid centralized solution] (...) The RoboBrick team also asked (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)