 Robotics / 18595
Re: Spybotics vs Cricket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 19:37:00 GMT

Has anyone seen the movie with Robin Williams where he is a jewish man in a
naz* camp? There he has a radio and carries good news (he lies) to the
people.

Ok, I received a mail from a friend at the US Navy and it reads: "...This
Tuesday I heard a discussion of a Lego representative and General Sandell, I
believe a Lego product that was just about to be released had a new chip
used by us in experimental missiles. They were talking about brainstorms or
something related to robotics. I haven't heard any news since then but I
hope this will be solved soon. I will keep you up to date..."

Now to the real world part. I realy agree with Steve's oppinion, Mindstorms
should be modular so that you could customize your robot even more. I don't
know if you would spend 120USD in an RCX just because you want to use 6
motors, maybe you would buy some non-lego upgrade part and that way Lego
would loose money. It would be great if Lego sold a "MRCX" (Modular RCX)
tied up in one piece with some cover that you could unscrew, that way kids
would have something pre-built and we could have a customizable micro-pc.
They would also have to sell expansion parts.

I won't probably get the new generation as soon as it comes out as I now
live in Argentina where I can't get Mindstorms and I'll be moving to Israel
where I can't get them either but I hope I will have more money there than
now and I will be able to import it.
We want a new version, if it gives money to them they will release it. Let's
help Lego (I have played with their toys since I was 6, I guess).

I will think of some croquis (draft drawings, does that word exist in
English) of the new modular RCX and send them to you if there's no problem.
Be sure if some kind of RC module appear it will be included in my Wish
List.
Cheers,

Jonathan