 Robotics / 18417
18416  |  18418
Subject:
Dacta RoboLab 2.5 Team Challenge Debugging & Investigator Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:05:23 GMT

It appears that in Inventor Level 4, and maybe other levels, there is an ability to step through a
program. I'm not sure what that's all about. Is the program being executed in the RCX while this
happens? Are there a couple of hints available on how this works? I couldn't find anything in the
Teacher's Guide #1.

Investigator is quite nice. The Teacher's Guide and the RL kit seems to exclude some of the
designs/programs that might help illustrate how it works. One of the robots gets stuck to a door
wall and counts passages in and out of the door. The only description I recall seeing is in some
jazzy movie for RoboLab. Any suggestions for a couple of building these devices? I see the
investigator programs written for this purpose in one of the Theme->Projects->Examples are: Doorway,
Overnight, Spinner and (I forgot the other one). Are there instructions somewhere that show how
these are constructed. Maybe I'm missing something in the TG.

Someone mentioned that 2.5.1 has a pdf file on it under Support that contains various descriptions
of the product. I found a 2.5.1 CD and didn't see it there. Clues? Maybe it's on the web?

--
      Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA

                   "Hell is truth seen too late."  -- John Locke

                        Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>
           Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>